Environmental impact is one of the important factors that have recently received a lot of attention from car manufacturers. To solve the problem of emissions from vehicles, they have added to the model’s emission control mechanisms.
One of them is the exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) system. With this technology, only half of the gas generated from the combustion process escapes.
While minimizing the environmental impact, EGR also causes serious performance and durability problems, especially on eco diesel lines.
If you want to terminate the operation of this part, you will need some tools such as Ecodiesel EGR delete and refer to the manipulations in the article below.
A Brief Overview Of EGR Delete
The mechanism of action of EGR is not too complicated. After leaving the engine, the exhaust gas will go to the electronic pressure control valves of the recirculation system instead of escaping into the environment.
Half of the contaminants will escape, while the rest will return and participate in the ignition. When moving back to the engine, the gas mixture brings dust and other soot.
These factors are the leading cause of congestion and reduce the durability and performance of eco diesel engines. Disabling EGR, although it will increase emissions, will prevent dirt from accumulating inside the vehicle’s system.
This factor allows the vehicle to operate stably for a longer time. From there, it minimizes the risk of damage and saves us great effort and time needed to deal with nasty residues.
You cannot manipulate EGR by manual methods, but we will need specialized erasers to perform this action. Currently, there are many brands specializing in the production of equipment for this purpose. You just need to review the product information and then choose carefully.
Ecodiesel EGR Delete Process
The operation to remove EGR on an eco diesel engine is quite complicated and can cause many problems if we accidentally follow the wrong steps.
Therefore, you must carefully refer to the following instructions if you do not want to encounter unpleasant situations.
Step 1 – Removing the air filter and intake tube.
- To begin with, you have to disconnect the MAF sensor because the wire connecting this part to the system is easily accessible. By pulling the red tab out of the connector, you have successfully removed the MAF.
- Now, you remove the intake manifold from the air cleaner cartridge. The action required to disconnect the connection in this position is to remove the screw securing the eyelet above the air filter housing cover.
- If you can’t locate it right away, you can scan along the pipe’s path, looking for the location of the fixing mechanisms. After removing all the eyelets, we need to lift the intake manifold from its original position.
- Removing the plastic pin of the inner wheel will be the next step you need to take. Once we have removed all the plastic latches, we go to the air cleaner box below to remove the plugged wires altogether.
- When no part is in the cleaning box, we can lift this part out of the car.
- Once we have completely removed the air filter from the vehicle, we need to continue looking at the vacuum line attached to the EGR actuator to disconnect it.
- All the wires on the path from the actuator to the solenoid are objects for us to remove. To ensure the safety of both you and the details, it is essential to pull forward slowly.
- During work, you can remove the EGR actuator by removing the e-clip and the fixing washer from the front face of the part.
- Next, remove the T-25 bolts from the bracket and then pull the actuator arm away from the unit
- The final step we need to take to clear the air filter and intake tube is disconnecting the electrical system.
- You need to look for the blue jack and remove and then disconnect the red wire by lifting it on the yellow tab.
- Disconnect the blackjack by pulling the red tabs backward. Don’t forget to lift the gray handle until the plug detaches, and then disconnect the plug. After that, remove any excess details above the frame if any.
Step 2 – Coolant Lines
- The coolant pipes are the next part we need to work on. You need to drain about one gallon of coolant before removing the line by removing the cap of the coolant reservoir first.
- Once the coolant level has dropped, it will be easier to locate the drain plug. At this time, we use a 16mm wrench to tighten the pipeline to prevent cooling water from leaking.
- Drain about another one gallon of coolant from the vehicle until the coolant begins to drip slowly.
- To continue, you need to disable the rigid pipe located deep inside.
- By finding the rear coolant junction, we can see the position of the coolant line, thereby determining where to place the frozen pipe. Finally, remove the 10mm bolts to disable the tube.
- After disabling the rigid exhaust, the next task is to locate the front coolant line.
- Once located, we will find and remove the 8mm bolt to make sure to catch the gasket after removing the second bolt.
- Finally, discover the top flange of the EGR pipe and remove the 10mm bolt connecting the hose to the EGR.
Step 3 – Remove EGR Valve and EGR Cooler
In this step, we will remove the two auxiliary parts of the EGR system, the pipes and the cooler.
You need to locate and remove the T-40 pin on the back of the cooler and the lower bracket with 10mm bolts.
Finally, completely disconnect the EGR cooler from the vehicle by locating and removing the 13mm bolt.
Step 4 – Removing Coolant Line and EGR Tube
Use pliers to squeeze the spring clamp and move this part so that the hose can be removed from the hard coolant line.
It would help if you also moved along the pipe to locate the 8mm fixing bolt so we can remove it and obliterate the tube from the car.
Step 5 – Installation of Off-Road Conversion Kit
- To install an off-road conversion kit, you need to use 10mm bolts and reuse the spacer we took out in the previous steps to fix the rear fender.
- Next, we will use 13mm bolts to attach the blocking bracket to the two latches the manufacturer has prepared.
- Then we use 8mm bolts and 10mm screws to attach the front coolant line and spacer to the front of the Stopper Bracket.
- Finally, locate the lower and upper coolant lines to install the pipes and reducers. The remaining steps are pouring the cooling water and going to the electrical system.
Step 6 – Final steps
The remaining work is to reassemble all the removed parts and refill the coolant. Don’t forget to start the engine and check all the necessary elements again.
Pros Of Ecodiesel EGR Delete
Installs easily on most eco diesel engines
You can install EGR delete products on nearly any vehicle with eco diesel engines. Even the installation steps are the only things out of concern.
Once you have paired the device and the car, you need to start the vehicle and run away as usual without having to worry too much. All work like connection or control will be done automatically.
Lower the temperature of your engine
When the exhaust gas returns to the inside, the soot and other wastes inside the gas stream will also follow and return. Gradually, the above agents will accumulate and cause blockages, especially for pipelines.
This blockage is what causes the temperature around the engine to rise.
When there is no EGR, all exhaust gasses will go out into the environment, ending the accumulation of dirt. And when there is no residue left, the car’s temperature will also decrease significantly.
Improve your fuel efficiency
Ecodiesel engines will perform better in conditions without blockages and maintain a stable temperature for a long time.
So when we have disabled EGR, the vehicle’s performance will also increase. The more efficient the operation, the more stable the fuel consumption will become.
Cons Of Ecodiesel EGR Delete
This kit is not street legal in the United States.
In many countries, modifying the vehicle’s structure is prohibited because it can create problems affecting the ability to operate and the safety of those around.
In the United States, repair policies do not allow us to use and install these kits.
Only if you use the car for sports activities and obtain a local government permit can you use it only. Arbitrary installation causes us unnecessary legal trouble.
Reduce your overall horsepower
When we remove the EGR, the engine’s structure will also change, thereby affecting the overall power of the whole system.
After this article, I hope you have gained more knowledge about Ecodiesel EGR Delete so that you can manipulate and consider the effect of this part on vehicle performance. Therefore, it helps to make more accurate decisions.